Thursday, February 13, 2020

Cream of Crap Soup Mix

Cream of crap is my substitute for a can of  condensed soup (ie cream of mushroom, chicken, celery.... soup)

I have been making this for years after I decide that buying all the cans of cream of soup was getting too expensive.  I don't know where I found the original but here is a link to one that the same/similar to what I do. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/cream-style-soup-mix/

2c dry milk
3/4c cornstarch
1t onion powder
1/2t thyme
1/2t basil
1/4t pepper

Combine in ingredients into an airtight container.  Make equivalent to ~9 cans.

To make an equivalent one 10.75oz can of condensed soup
1/3c of mix
1-1/4c of water

To make soup: whisk 1/3c of mix and 1-1/4c water in a saucepan until smooth.  Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes or until thickened.


No comments:

Post a Comment