Friday, January 16, 2015

Kombucha Scoby from Store Bought Kombucha

I have been looking around the web on how to grow my own scoby.  I don't know anybody that has one available.

So I bought me some kombucha.  I read the label in the store and thought it would have live cultures and wasn't pasteurized and it even looked like it had a baby scoby developing.
 
But of course when I was reading on online today I came across a website that states that GT's Enlightened Komucha has an additional culture in it that doesn't support healthy scoby growth.  Well this was the only thing available in the store so I decided to give it a try. 

Instructions

Brew 2 cups of water with 2 tea bags and 3T of sugar in a quart jar.  Let it cool and added almost the whole bottle (14-16oz) of kombucha except for the little bit I poured off to drink.

Here are my starting picture (started 1/16/15).  I am doing this at work because the building temperture is more constant and warmer than at home.  Our house is never above 68F unless it is warmer outside and we are done running the furnace.  Our thermostat is set crazy low.

I will continue to post as time progresses.


No comments:

Post a Comment