Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Beef and Broccoli Stir-Fry

I found this on http://www.food.com/recipe/the-best-easy-beef-and-broccoli-stir-fry-99476 and have made it several times.

By Chris from Kansas

I clipped this recipe from Taste of Home magazine several years ago and have found it to be the best-tasting easy beef and broccoli stir-fry. It is credited to Ruth Stahl. I often use charcoal chuck steak, which is very tender and lean. I also like that it doesn't call for any unusual ingredients.

3T cornstarch, divided
water
1/2t garlic powder
1lb boneless round steak cut into 3" strips
2T vegetable oil, divided
4c broccoli florets
1 sm oinion cut into wedges
1/3c soy sauce
2T brown sugar
1t ground ginger
hot cooked rice

In a bowl, combine 2T cornstarch, 2T water and 1/2t garlic powder until smooth. (I normally add a little soy sauce also)

Add beef and toss.

In large skillet over medium high heat, stir-fry beef in 1T oil unitl done. Remove and keep warm.

Stir-fy broccoli and oinions in 1T oil for 4-5min.

Return beef to pan.

Combine 1/3c soy sauce, 2T brown sugar, 1t ginger, 1T cornstarch, 1/2c water until smooth. Add to pan.

Cook and sitr for 2min.

Serve with rice

NOTE: I add rice wine vinegar to the sauce and decrease the water.  I have also cooked noodles and added it with the sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment