Wednesday, November 18, 2020

TV mix

 The original recipe from the 1940s was served at Aunt Max's home only for Christmas because it was very expensive to make.

Melt and combine in a saucepan
2 sticks of butter
1/4c Worchestershire sauce
1.5T garlic salt
1T onion salt (I don't have onion salt so I used 1/2T onion powder and 1/2T salt)
1T celery salt
optional a little cayenne

Combine in a large roasting pan and stir.  All of the following are suggestions or what I like to use.  But the roasting pan should be full but not overflowing.
~1/2 box of Rice Chex
~1/2 box of  Wheat Chex
~1/2 box of  cheerios
some goldfish cheese crackers and pretzel crackers (I don't care for too many pretzels)
oyster crackers,
rye chips (Gardettos roasted garlic rye chips-my fav part)
roasted peanuts or mixed nuts

Stir everything in a roasting pan, then pour butter and salts over the entire pan.  Stir.

Bake at 250-300F for 1hr, string every 15min so it doesn't burn.



No comments:

Post a Comment