Monday, October 7, 2013

Asian Noodle Sauce

I got this recipe from http://mysisterspantry.wordpress.com/2012/10/21/throw-some-sauce-on-what-youve-got/ which was linked from http://beingfrugalbychoice.blogspot.com/2013/10/homemade-mondays-week-49.html  Got to love me some Frugal by Choice.

Here is my modified recipe.
2T Tahini
2T peanut or almond butter
1T lemon or lime juice
2T soy sauce
1T sugar
1t minced garlic
1/4t ginger

Mix together in a 4c measuring cup.

Double or triple recipe for 1# of pasta plus vegetables and meat.

Here is the orginal post
Raw Pad Thai Sauce (Meals that Heal Inflammation, p. 306.)
2 Tbsp. (30ml) tahini
2 Tbsp. (30ml) almond butter (use peanut butter if you don’t have almond)
1 Tbsp. (15ml) lemon or lime juice
2 Tbsp (30ml) wheat-free tamari (I used Bragg’s liquid aminos – you could also use soy sauce, maybe a little less though and taste)
1 Tbsp (15ml) raw honey (I used un-raw? honey)
1/4 tsp. (1ml) garlic, minced
1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) ginger root, grated
Difficult instructions: Mix all that there stuff together.  I do it in a 4 cup measuring cup with a fork.
I usually double or triple this recipe.  It is quite thick but it thins out when you put it over raw vegetables or raw vegetable and rice or raw vegetables and noodles.  I used my mandoline to make long thin noodles out of zucchini which could also just be cut.  I also used grated carrot and red cabbage (very fast and easy in a food processor if you have one).  You could also use green onion, cauliflower or broccoli, bean sprouts, peppers or romaine.  Adding rice or noodles beefs it up a little. And of course you could add some leftover chopped meat if you like.


No comments:

Post a Comment