Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Dehydrated Oranges

I got ~15lbs of baby oranges for free.  I knew that we would not be able to eat all of these oranges before they went bad so I though I might try dehydrating them.  I searched the web and found that there have been other people that have dehydrated them so I thought why not.

1. Rinse orange off and cut stem end off

2. Cut down the center and then slice





3. Have girls help lay out on trays



















4. Load up the dehydrator and set at 135F




 5. Wait 8-12 hrs depending on how thick your slices.  Check slices to ensure that they are completely dry.



6. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.  The girls really like eating these.  Sometimes they will just eat the orange part and other times they will eat the whole thing (rind included).

No comments:

Post a Comment