Monday, May 11, 2015

Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread

found on http://beingfrugalbychoice.com/2013/07/whole-wheat-sandwich-bread.html but has been adapted to me.  This is my rewrite of it and how I currently make it.

2c warm water
2 short T of yeast
1/3c sugar/honey
1/3c olive oil
1/4c wheat gluten
1.5t salt
~2T poppy
~1/4c sunflower kernels
~1/4c flax seeds
1c oats
1c white flour
3c wheat flour + ~1/2c to get to the right consistency


  1. If I have a empty honey bottle I put 2c of warm water. Swirl water around to dissolve honey then add 2 short T of yeast. Swirl then let proof.
    • If there are no empty honey bottles then I proof my yeast in the mixing bowl and then dump all ingredients in on top when yeast is bubbly and foamy
  2. While yeast is proofing. Add remaining ingredients to mixing bowl.
  3. When yeast is foamy an bubbly add to mixer and stir.
  4. If dough is too wet once mixed, add 1T of the last 1/2c of flour.  Continue to add 1T at a time till dough is pulling away from mixing bowl.
  5. Turn out onto counter and hand kneed a few time and put in a oil bowl, cover, let raise for ~1hr.
  6. Turn out onto counter, divide, knead each half and form into a loaf and put in a greased loaf pan, cover, let raise for ~1hr
  7. Put bread in a preheated 350F oven and bake for ~30min or until loaves make a hollow sound when thumped.


No comments:

Post a Comment