Monday, November 2, 2015

Crochet Star

I was looking for a star pattern to put in birthday gift bags.

I found it on this website with great directions. http://habitualhomebody.com/how-to-crochet-a-star/

I would like them to look like this and I think if I put a SC boarder on the pattern below that it would look like that.


Star pattern:

Start with a magic ring. 15 Dc into the ring.
Click here for my video tutorial on how to make a magic ring.
crochet star tutorial
Slip stitch to join in top of first DC. Pull the tail to close the hole (or leave it open if you wish). Chain 6.
crochet star tutorial
SC in third stitch from hook. HDC in next stitch. Dc in next two stitches.
crochet star tutorial
Skip two stitches. Slip stitch in third stitch to anchor down star arm. Repeat these last three steps 4 more times.
crochet star tutorial
When you get to the last arm of the star, you will slip stitch into the first stitch, then finish off. Weave in ends.
crochet star tutorial
crochet star tutorial

How to block your stars:

You may wish to block your star so the arms stay flat. It’s very simple to do this. All you need is a piece of cardboard, some pins, and a spray bottle of water. Flatten and stretch the star to the shape you want it to be in when dry. Pin them in that position to the cardboard. Spray liberally with water and let air dry.
(Psst, I cheated by using a hairdryer to dry them because I was impatient – my yarn was wool so I wasn’t worried about melting, but acrylic may melt this way- so be careful and maybe test one first).

When completely dry, remove the pins and you’re done!
Here’s a blocking before and after:

No comments:

Post a Comment