Monday, October 17, 2016

Cauliflower Salad

When I was in Nashville we went to a restaurant called Adele's and I had a cauliflower salad that was really good.  I think it would be a great non-starchy potluck side.

I found the recipe https://www.austinfoodandwinefestival.com/2014/thanksgiving-sides-with-chef-jonathan-waxman/

Although I must admit I won't be using champagne vinegar and will be using rice wine vinegar instead.


Ingredients

  • 8 oz. of raw cauliflower [average head size 20oz (2.5times)]
  • 1/4 c. minced scallions [2/3c]
  • 1 tbsp. golden raisins [2.5T] or cranraisins
  • 1 tbsp. toasted pistachios [2.5T]
  • 1.5 tbsp. champagne vinegar [3.75T or short 1/4c]
  • 2.5 tbsp. olive oil [0.39c or a long 1/3c]
  • 1 tsp. sea salt [2.5t]
  • 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper [1.25t]

Directions

  1. Slice cauliflower on a Japanese mandolin.
  2. Mix in a large bowl with remaining ingredients.
  3. Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment