Thursday, January 2, 2020

Kapani (Drop Noodle Soup)


My dad always made Kapànì when we were little.  I asked someone who was Czech the spelling on facebook.  The way my dad said it sounds like "kup-on-ey"??

In looking more online Kapànì basically means noodle batter.

Ingredients

Soup
-onions
-carrots
-celery
-cooked chicken or stew meat
-stock

Drop Noodles
2-2.5c flour
1/2t salt
2-3 eggs
1/2c water or milk??
1t oil

Soup
- Saute onions, carrots and celery in a little oil.
- Add cooked chicken or fry chicken or stew meat in same pot
- Add stock and water and/or bullion
- I normally add a little onion powder, garlic powder, Montreal steak seasoning (because I like it), sometimes a little sage or celery salt.  Kind of whatever floats my boat.

-while soup is coming to a boil make the drop noodle.

Drop Noodles.
-Mix together flour, salt, eggs, liquid and oil.  Add liquid or flour until it is kind of like a thick pancake batter.  Thicker will make bigger thicker noodles and thinner will make noodle fragments.  I don't really know the amounts other than I normal start with 2+cups of flour, 2-4 eggs, 1//2t salt and a splash of oil.  Then I add liquid to get to a good consistency to drop the noodles.

-When soup is boiling drop noodle mixture with a fork or dribble in thinly.  Let boil till noodles are done (couple of minutes).


No comments:

Post a Comment