Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Bath Puff

I found this on Daisy Cottage Designs  http://daisycottagedesigns.net/crochet/bath-pouf-crochet-pattern/

free bath pouf crochet pattern
This past Friday, I made a couple bath poufs for a special order. They’re super simple, but they take a good deal of yarn and are more time consuming than they look. I’d say each one took about an hour (including kid breaks). I used a pattern I found on Ravelry, but I didn’t like how it had double crochets in the center. I did the second one my own way. 
Here’s what I did using worsted weight cotton yarn and an I hook. 
Ch 5. Join with a slip stitch to form a ring. Ch 35 or 40 and slip stitch into the ring (this makes the cord you would use to hang it up).
Round 1: ch 1, 25 sc into the ring. Sl st in the first sc to join. It doesn’t matter if there’s a hole. I promise you won’t see it in the end. (25 since chain doesn’t count as a stitch). 
Round 2: ch 2, 3 dc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st to the top of the first dc. (75)
Round 3: ch 2, 3 dc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st to the top of the first dc. (225) Note: You could stop here if you’re happy with the fullness at this point.
Round 4: ch 2, 3 dc in each stitch around. Join with a sl st to the top of the first dc. (675)
Note: If you’re using a thinner yarn like Hobby Lobby “I Love This Cotton” or Knit Picks “Dishie” you might want to increase the number of stitches in the first round to 35.

No comments:

Post a Comment